Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- House passes bill to avert government shutdown, after raucous debate over vaccine mandates.
- House Republican on panel investigating January 6th insurrection warns Donald Trump not to lie.
- President Joe Biden unveils winter strategy to combat COVID-19 as Omicron variant hits U.S.
- San Francisco pro-choice advocates rally in support of abortion rights.
- Senate Democrat urges vote on background check legislation after school shooting.
- Los Angeles city council votes to ban ghost guns.
- Biden Administration lifts terrorist designation for FARC in Colombia, rebels say still work to be done.
- California water regulators reject bids for water allocation, due to continued drought.