Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Fed Chair Powell says more interest rate hikes necessary.
- Kremlin denies role in Prigozhin plane crash.
- Storm tornadoes knock out power to thousands in Michigan.
- UAW member overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike at big three auto makers.
- Contra Costa DA’s office acknowledges murder cases motivated by bias.
- Spanish football president rejects calls to resign over kissing scandal.
- Amid recall threat, Alameda County DA Pamela Price takes part in criminal justice panel.