Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden rallies in Georgia, promotes $4 trillion infrastructure and safety net plans.
- India sets global daily record of coronavirus infections-more than 370,000 new infections.
- Tenants advocates urge Governor Gavin Newsom to extend moratorium on pandemic related evictions.
- Mayors of California’s biggest cities demand $20 billion in homeless aid.
- Berkeley passes law requiring city council approval before police purchase military equipment.
- Proposed bills to reform police militarization and criminal justice advances in state legislature.
- Proposed bill to reform youth criminal justice system nationwide introduced in the House.
- Bill to strip badges from police found guilty of misconduct moves through state senate.
Photo of President Joe Biden in Georgia, via screenshot from CSPAN.