- The Bush Administration says it will revise its plan for self-rule in Iraq – the move comes after prominent Shiite clerics demand elections for a provisional legislature to choose an interim government – it’s still not likely that demand will be met
- One hundred thousand people gathering near Bombay India for the World Social Forum to oppose globalization and U.S. policies abroad – they’re charging the Bush Administration with using the pretext of terrorism to bully the rest of the world
- President Bush sidesteps congress and installs controversial Mississippi Judge Charles Pickering to the Federal Appeals Court via a recess appointment – Democrats had blocked Senate action on his nomination for 2 years
- The Bush Administration asks the Supreme Court to stop the release of a U.S. born terrorist suspect designated as an "Enemy Combatant"
- The California Secretary of State to probe charges that SF City employees were forced to work for the election of Mayor Gavin Newsome
- Another battle for control of the Board of Directors of the Sierra Club
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.