- The Bush Administration says it will revise its plan for self-rule in Iraq – the move comes after prominent Shiite clerics demand elections for a provisional legislature to choose an interim government – it’s still not likely that demand will be met
- One hundred thousand people gathering near Bombay India for the World Social Forum to oppose globalization and U.S. policies abroad – they’re charging the Bush Administration with using the pretext of terrorism to bully the rest of the world
- President Bush sidesteps congress and installs controversial Mississippi Judge Charles Pickering to the Federal Appeals Court via a recess appointment – Democrats had blocked Senate action on his nomination for 2 years
- The Bush Administration asks the Supreme Court to stop the release of a U.S. born terrorist suspect designated as an "Enemy Combatant"
- The California Secretary of State to probe charges that SF City employees were forced to work for the election of Mayor Gavin Newsome
- Another battle for control of the Board of Directors of the Sierra Club
Attention: • It's easy to donate to KPFA Click Here Now • Check out our new podcasts at AREA 941