- Democratic Senate President John Burton vows to challenge Governor Schwarzenegger’s proposed budget cuts saying services are being slashed to the poor and disabled to underwrite a reduction in the car tax
- The U.S. Supreme Court refuses to hear a challenge to the Bush Administration’s secret round up of hundreds of foreigners after the September 11th attacks
- Civil liberties groups denounce a new administration plan for a threat assessment of all airline passengers
- Less than 24 hours after ousted treasury secretary Paul O’Neill critizezd the war on Iraq on national television, the treasury department says it will investigate how a document marked secret was shown on the program
- A new report says harrassment and bullying based on sexual orientation remains persistent and pervasive in California schools
- After 2 years of strained relations, president Bush and Mexican president Vicente Fox publicly proclaim agreement on Bush’s immigration proposal
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.