The KPFA Evening News, Weekdays – November 14, 2003
- Democrats in the Senate block 2 more conservative nominees.
- Republicans negotiators agree on massive energy bill that includes tax breaks for the energy industry.
- US occupation forces step up campaign against Iraqi resistance fighters.
- California Nurses Association accuses Hospitals in Berkeley and Oakland of trying to circumvent new state law mandating levels of nurse staffing.
- State’s legislative analysts say California deficite likely to top 10 billion dollars next year.