British PM Cameron Refuses to Apologize for Murdoch Scandal, But Acknowledges BSkyB Takeover Talks; Murdoch Empire “Pummeled” by Phone-Hacking Scandal Exposed by Guardian Journalist Nick Davies; After Thwarting Flotilla, Israeli Navy Seizes Lone Gaza-Bound Ship that Eluded Greek Authorities; Israel Draws International Criticism For Sweeping Anti-Boycott Law.
* U.N. Issues Urgent Appeal for Somalia Famine
* Aid Groups: Rich Nations Failed to Avert Somalia Crisis
* U.N.: Less Than Half of Africa Appeals Met
* Sanders Blasts Entitlement Cuts, Tax Cuts in Deficit Talks
* Murdoch Returns to U.S., Cameron Refuses to Apologize for Coulson Hiring
* Texas Executes Death Row Prisoner over Victim’s Objection
* Media Ban Imposed as California Prison Hunger Strike Enters 4th Week
* Obama Admin Backs Repeal of DOMA
* House Measure Would Restore Global Gag Rule
* Montana Judge Blocks Movement of Oil Equipment
* NLRB Judge: SEIU, Kaiser Colluded to Influence Union Vote
* Ortega Proposes Nicaraguan Referendum on $17B World Court Judgment from U.S.
* Judge Allows Closure of Vermont Yankee Nuclear Plant