Obama Hides Meeting with Top Bahraini Leader—And Mutes Criticism of Ongoing Crackdown; Critics Dub Planned Puerto Rico Pipeline the “Death Route” for Alleged Threat to Environment, Public Health; Annie Jacobsen on New Book, “Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base”.
* U.S. Increases Secret Yemen Bombings in Saleh’s Absence
* Clinton Meets with Libya Contact Group in UAE
* ICC Prosecutor: Gaddafi Sanctioned Rape Against Opponents
* U.N. Security Council to Debate Syria Censure
* Senate Panel Questions Afghan Spending
* Obama Expresses “Sorrow” for Afghan Deaths
* Al-Qaeda Leader Threatens U.S.
* Egypt-Gaza Border Reopens
* U.N. Convenes AIDS Session, Hundreds Protest for Universal Treatment
* Sudan Rejects New Genocide Allegations from ICC
* Prosecution of NSA Whistleblower Thomas Drake in Doubt