“Politics in Arizona Have Become Fueled by Hate…Driven by Anger”: Rep. Raúl Grijalva on Shooting of Giffords; Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik: “People Who Are Mentally Unstable Are Susceptible to the Rhetoric Going on in this Country”; Jeff Biggers: Arizona Facing “Lethal Combination” of “Hate-Filled Speech” and “Dangerous and Easy Access to Weapons”; Chip Berlet on “The Becking of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords”.
* Rep. Giffords Survives Assassination Attempt in Tucson; Six Die
* FBI: Evidence Indicates Gunman Plotted Giffords Shooting
* Investigators Probe Arizona Gunman’s Links to Hate Group
* Tucson Sheriff Condemns Hateful Political Rhetoric
* Incendiary Packages Mailed in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
* DOJ Subpoenas Twitter for Info on WikiLeaks Accounts
* Scott Sisters Freed After Serving 16 Years in Prison for $11 Robbery
* Unemployment Rate Falls as More Drop Out of Labor Force
* Wells Fargo & U.S. Bancorp Lose Landmark Foreclosure Court Case
* Three Die in Algerian Food Riots
* Southern Sudan Begins Voting on Independence
* 51 Killed in Mexican Drug Violence; 15 Decapitated in Acapulco
* Accused Airliner Bomber, CIA Operative Faces Trial
* Muslims Act as Human Shields for Coptic Christians in Egypt