In our first hour:
The Battle of the Ballot: Iraq and Elections 2006. We’ll take a look at
how Iraq policy plays into three Congressional primaries: Lamont/Lieberman
in Connecticut, McKinney/Johnson in Georgia, and Clinton/Tasini in New York.
- Jonathan Tasini, NY Democrat running against Senator Hilary Rodham Clinton
- Paul Bell, covering the Ned Lamont run against Joseph Lieberman for the New
Haven Independent (www.newhavenindependent.org)
- Representative Cynthia McKinney
- George Curry (www.georgecurry.com)
Plus: A discussion with California Assembly Member Paul Koretz (D-West Hollywood) about Assembly Joint Resolution 39 calling for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney.
And in our second hour:
An update from Lebanon… Then, a discussion about the social service networks of Islamic Political
Confirmed guests, both Professors of Anthroplogy at UC Berkeley:
- Saba Mahmood, author, Politics of Piety (2005 by Princeton University Press)
- Charles Hirschkind, author of the forthcoming, The Ethical Soundscape (Columbia University Press)