In our first hour… It’s graduation month for California’s High School seniors, but many – including many honor roll students – won’t be graduating with their classmates. The controversial California High School Exit Exam: who does it help, who does it harm, and how?
- Dave Brown, member of the West Contra Costa Unified School District Board
- Vassilisa Johri, Clinical Social Worker, Chappell Hayes Health Center at McClymonds High School
- Also: Two students affected by the CAHSEE
And in our second hour… The ongoing conflict in the Middle East: Its impacts on the psyche of those fighting and those caught in the crossfire, and what needs to be done
to stop it.
- Penny Coleman, author: "Flashback: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Suicide,
and the Lessons of War" (Beacon)
- Sandy Tolan, author: "The Lemon Tree : An Arab, a Jew, and the Heart of the
Middle East" (Bloomsbury)