A bylaws amendment petition will be going for a vote of Pacifica’s members on Feb 18th 2020. There will be two parallel elections nationwide, one amongst listeners (10% quorum) and one amongst staff (25% quorum). Ballots must be received before 11:59PM EST on March 19th in order to be counted.
Starting on Feb 18th, please look out for an email, paper ballot or postcard (with voter credentials beneath a scratch off). All members who donated a minimum of $25 or who volunteered a minimum of 3 hours between Jan. 03, 2019 and Jan. 02, 2020 are eligible to vote. Examples of eligible volunteer work are: working in the fund room during fund-drives and serving on the local station board and station committees. In order to qualify to vote as staff you need to be paid staff (on payroll as of Jan. 2, 2020) or unpaid staff (defined as having completed 30 hours minimum of work (outside of fund-drives) between Oct. 3, 2019 and Jan. 2, 2020 (3 month period) at KPFK, KPFT, WBAI and WPFW. At KPFA, the definition for unpaid staff is 30 hours of work (outside of fund-drives) between Jan. 3, 2019 and Jan. 2, 2020 (12 month period).
If you do not receive a ballot please fill out a ballot request form (link to ballot request form). All members (staff or listener) who requested a paper ballot in prior election will receive a paper ballot in this election.
Prior to requesting a ballot, please make sure to check your SPAM folder and safe-list [email protected] and [email protected].
- Feb 1-7 Prepare mailing lists
- Feb 18 Ballots go out (e-ballots, paper and postcards)
- Feb 18 Open election (all)
- Feb 18 – Mar 19 Fulfill ballot requests and provide customer support
- Mar 19 Close election (all)
- Mar 20 Ballot data entry
- Mar 21 – 22 Provide results
If you would like to review the proposed bylaw amendment, you may view the posted notice announcement here.
The NES will be creating a series of CARTs presenting the main changes in the ByLaws and arguments for and against.
- Submit your argument for or against by clicking here.
- Current Bylaws of the Pacifica Foundation
- Proposed New Bylaws of the Pacifica Foundation
- Member Petition to Replace The Pacifica Foundation Bylaws