Please note that the above calendar shows 4 options: 1. Conference Room, 2. KPFB, 3. Performance Studio and 4. Main Production. There is a dropdown menu on the upper right corner that will allow you do deselect calendars you do not want to see.
It is the responsibility of the Programmer to check the calendar to confirm that requested booking is accurate. The listing on the calendar is the final booking and is assigned on a first come, first served basis with airtime considerations.
Production time will be held for 10 minutes before we determine that it’s a ‘No Show’ and time may be reassigned to anyone requesting it.
KPFA reserves the right to pre-empt any booking for engineering and On-air considerations. Please click on the red links below to make a studio reservation.
Explanation of KPFA Technical Facilities:
- KPFA has 4-Control Rooms and Five Studios.
- Control Rooms can connect to any Studios except for News Control and the News Studio which is permanently attached.
- The Control Rooms are named: KPFA OnAir (or OnAir), Main Production, KPFB and News. Control Rooms have the mixer and other gear.
- The Studios have letters : Studio A/Studio B/ Studio C/Studio D (also known as the Performance Room). The Studios have microphones and headphones or no gear at all.
- The News Studio is called the News Studio since it cannot be detached.
Cost: Rentals are available for $110/hr.
Details: We can provide ISDN (dial-in), ipDTL, Comrex Access, National / International calling, Tape Sync, professional recording.
Contact: [email protected]