KPFA Exceeded the Summer Fund Drive Goal at $337,700 as donations continue to come in. The high fulfillment rate is at 73%. The KPFA’s Abolish Racism Audio Collection was distributed as a link to ANYONE who donates during the Summer Fundraiser, there is no minimum donation required.
- Patrice Cullors with Cat Brooks in Oakland | 1-25-2017 | When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir
- Angela Davis in Oakland 2-18-2016 | MUMIA ABU-JAMAL Writing on the Wall: Selected Prison Writings – presented by Angela Davis • Johanna Fernandez • Walter Turner
- Ibram X. Kendi 5-4-2017 in Oakland | Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America
- Ta-Nehisi Coates in Berkeley 10-28-2015 | Between the World and Me
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz in Berkeley 10-2-2014 | Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States
- Paul Ortiz 11-12-2019 in Berkeley | An African-American and Latinx History of the United States
- John A Powell in Berkeley 12-5-2014 | Racing to Justice: Transforming Our Conceptions of Self and Other to Build an Inclusive Society
- Isabel Wilkerson in Oakland 9-23- 2010 | The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration
Some recent KPFA resources and training for staff have included;
- Donation Tracker, Number of Callers on the Line in Real-Time, Pitch Points, Fund Drive Folder w/ PITCH SHEETS, Premium List, Hourly Goals Sheet, Matches for staff use during fund drives
- 3 Home Studio Setup Training Classes and individual support
- Tips for a Successful Interview
- Finding Legal Music for Public Affairs Programming and Podcasts
- How to Listen to Your Audio and Know When It Sounds Unnatural
- Multi-Track Editing
- Orientation and Station Protocols
- Consolidated email communication and planning for departmental staff meetings including music, news, public affairs etc……
- A Collaborative Communication Skills Class
- KPFA Staff Online Meditation Group
|Station (# members surveyed, % surveyed who voted already or plan to vote)||Overall, very or somewhat satisfied with station||Overall, somewhat or very dissatisfied with station|
|KPFA (646, 69%)||90%||5.5%|
|KPFK (463, 68%)||77.7%||14%|
|KPFT (177, 75%)||81.3%||10%|
|WBAI (67, 73%)||56%||35%|
Tech and Database
KPFA has undergone much needed modernizing the facility to support its level of production.
KPFA provides content for over 300 radio stations across the world and transmits directly on KPFA, KPFB, K248BR, provide 80% of programming for KFCF, as well as host two streaming stations for Pacifica. KPFA produces over 90 shows, a dozen podcasts, and daily news segments.
For KPFA to support current levels of content creation, operate on its current budget, and remediate technical issues that were blocking personnel workflow and confidence engineering was tasked with making upgrades and adjustments with new TV’s, computers, cameras, digital boards, software, membership database development. Each of these technologies have been carefully evaluated for its specific utility, merit, and purpose.
KPFA is the only Pacifica station with a fully functioning news department which will be upgrading with a new digital console mixing board center in the fall of 2020.