A dozen conversations to change the way you think about the past.
- Geologist-Paleontologist Andrew Knoll on the first 4 billion years of Earth’s history.
- Archaeologist David Wengrow on the book he co-authored with the late David Graeber, The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity
- Anthropologist Brian Fagan on Climate Chaos: Lessons on Survival From Our Ancestors
- Science writer Annalee Newitz on her book Four Lost Cities: A Secret History of the Urban Age
- Mark Bittman on Animal, Vegetable, Junk: A History of Food, from Sustainable to Suicidal
Native peoples and colonialism:
- Damon Akins on We Are the Land: A History of Native California
- David Silverman author of This Land is Their Land, on the real history of Thanksgiving
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz on her book Not a Nation of Immigrants: Settler Colonialism, White Supremacy, and a History of Erasure and Exclusion
Black life and liberation:
- Frederika Newton with a personal history of the early years of the Black Panther Party
- Berry Reid Soskin on the book about her remarkable century on this planet, Sign My Name to Freedom: A memoir of a pioneering life
- Malik Al Nasir on Gil Scott-Heron
- David F. Walker on The Black Panther Party
- David F. Walker on Frederic Douglass