We do not accept unsolicited resumes. They will not be reviewed or kept on file. We review all resumes for positions in which we are seeking candidates and keep them on file for at least one year.
KPFA SUBSCRIPTIONS DIRECTOR
* Plan and implement four or five pledge drives a year.
* Supervise the daily functioning of Subscriptions Department staff and volunteers, including normal and fundraising staff scheduling.
* Maintain and expand excellent donor relations, including donor thanks and recognition, and other outreach as assigned.
* Expand KPFA’s volunteer base for the Subscriptions Department.
* Manage the acquisition, creation, and tracking of the distribution of thank you gifts for donors/members.
* Establish, expand and maintain excellent relationships with call centers and various premium vendors
* Interface with Program Director, General Manager, and programming staff to set goals, action plans, including attendance at weekly staff meetings.
*Superb database and project management skills
*Strong social media skills a plus
*Great organizational and supervisory skills
*An interest and understanding of non-profit or public radio fundraising
*Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure
*Strong interpersonal and communications skills
*Commitment to the principles set forth in Pacifica’s mission
This Communication Workers of America union position us a 32-36 hour per-week job (Monday-Friday). Current salary is $20.81/hour with a generous benefits package.
Send resume and letter of interest to:
Deadline to apply is October 3rd, 2014.
Or by mail:
1929 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
KPFA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pacifica Foundation’s Job Description for
TITLE: Executive Director
STATUS: Regular Full time
SITE: National Office – Pacifica Foundation Radio
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability (Upon Completion of Introductory Status)
I. Position Reports to: The Executive Director (ED) is selected, supervised and discharged by, and reports to, the collective body of the Pacifica National Board of Directors (PNB). In addition, his/her performance will also be subject to annual evaluation by each Local Station Board, which may make recommendations to the PNB.
II. Definition: The President of the Foundation is referred to as the “Executive Director.” The Executive Director is the general manager, chief executive officer and chief administrator of the Foundation.
Subject to the control of the Board, the Executive Director shall have general supervision, direction and control of the business and the offices of the Foundation and the primary responsibility for implementing the directives, decisions and policies of the Foundation and the Board pertaining to administration, personnel, programming, financing and public relations. The Executive Director shall generally promote, coordinate and supervise the mission of the Foundation and shall have such powers and perform such duties as may be delegated or assigned to him/her by the Board.
III. The E.D. along with the CFO, ensure that the Foundation operates in a fiscally responsible fashion in compliance with both state and federal laws.
IV. The E.D. ensures that the Foundation operates in a socially responsible fashion, and with the mission of the Foundation to operate radio outlets that encourage the creative skills and energies of the community; to contribute to a lasting understanding between nations and individuals of all nations, races, creeds and colors; to gather and disseminate information on the causes of conflict between such groups; to promote the study of political and economic problems and of the causes of religious, philosophical and racial antagonisms; and to use varied sources in the public presentation of accurate, comprehensive news on all matters affecting the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Primary lead in fund raising, such as oversight of grant writing, major donor events, direct mail campaigns, etc., for the Foundation. Shall work in concert with the PNB, Station Managers, Development Director’s, LSBs and appropriate committees to ensure the financial stability and growth of the network.
2. With the exception of the CFO and the National Finance Staff, managing and supervising the National Staff and General Managers to provide for the effective operation of the Foundation’s public radio stations in compliance with the objectives and policies of the Board of Directors and consistent with the Pacifica mission.
3. Appointing and facilitating the work of a National Election Supervisor in each year when elections for delegates are held.
4. Selecting General Managers for each sister station upon vacancy, from candidates presented by the Local Station Board (LSB).
5. Hiring, coordinating and terminating supervised National staff . (Positions currently include, Pacifica Radio Archives Director, National Technical Director, Affiliates Program Director, Webmaster, Administrative Assistant)
6. Conducting annual evaluations of National Staff (not including Finance staff) and General Managers, with recommendations and in consultation with the respective LSBs, as well as, Human Resources where appropriate.
7. Ensuring the effective organization of in-person PNB meetings, including preparation of Board packets, in cooperation and assisted by the Board Chair and/or Coordinating Committee.
8. Conforming to the communication policies established by the Board, including accurate reports and provision of appropriate information for Directors upon request.
9. Supporting the PNB in fulfilling its governance role through regular communication with the Board and its officers.
10. Attending meetings of the Coordinating Committee. Being available to attend PNB meetings, whenever participation by the E.D. is needed by the PNB or any of its committees.
11. Ensuring that stations and the network are managed according to state, FCC and CPB requirements, including state and federal labor and employment regulations, and that any grievances are addressed and resolved in a fair and timely manner.
12. Participating in Union collective bargaining agreement negotiations and respond to Union requests in collaboration with the General Managers, CFO and Human Resources as appropriate.
13. Supervising compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
14. Encouraging equal opportunity and diversity in staffing, management and programming at stations, the Pacifica Radio Archives, and in the National Office.
15. Working with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), overseeing the Foundation’s budget, and providing for fiscal integrity of the Foundation within the approved limits of the PNB.
16. Developing fiscally sound budgets in coordination with the CFO, General Managers, and the Pacifica National Board Finance Committee.
17. Reviewing financial statements with the CFO.
18. Monitoring and/or authorizing expenditures as appropriate in accordance with budgets approved by the PNB, including but not limited to check authorization, reimbursements, consultant hires, and unbudgeted expense approval.
19. Acknowledging major donor contributions and other support in a timely manner.
20. Bringing contracts to the Coordinating Committee for review and to the PNB for approval, based on current policies.
21. Providing opportunities for paid and unpaid staff and volunteers from network and affiliate stations to apply for participation in national coverage and/or national programming.
22. Ensuring the development of excellent national programming that covers major political and cultural events and topics.
23. Ensuring that technical systems, equipment, and structures adequate for the production and distribution of programs are maintained.
24. Responsible for guiding the Foundation through technological changes and taking the lead in defining how to harness new technologies to promote Pacifica and its mission.
25. Overseeing and developing Affiliate relations and other collaborations in order to encourage productive and mutually beneficial relationships.
26. Promoting activities and development that makes it possible for Pacifica to maximize its audience and expand its membership.
27. Managing litigation and other legal matters with the PNB, in consultation with Foundation counsel and other attorneys as needed. The ED and Foundation counsel are responsible for promptly reporting all legal matters to the PNB.
28. Developing, monitoring and enforcing procedures and policies, and maintaining confidentiality on legal, personnel and other appropriate matters.
29. Representing the Pacifica Foundation in business relationships with other national and state nonprofits, government agencies, the media, professional organizations, and similar groups.
30. Expanding positive public awareness of Pacifica through community events, media outreach efforts, and development of promotional campaigns, including prevailing technology and social media.
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000 DOE Application deadline: September 15, 2014
Email, mail or FAX resumes or inquiries to:
LaSchele Mosley, Pacifica Foundation
Executive Director Position
1925 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Berkeley, CA 94704
Subject line: Pacifica ED Position
Please No Phone Calls Thank you.
Pacifica Foundation Radio/KPFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, gender, age, disability, or sexuality.
Job Opening: Affiliate Network Operations Coordinator
The Pacifica Foundation–a 501(c)(3) and the country’s oldest public radio network, comprising 7 business units–is seeking an operations coordinator for the Pacifica Affiliate Network office. We are particularly interested in candidates who experience in non profit management and have a good knowledge of community radio and have good communications skills. See the full Affiliate Network Operations Coordinator job description.
The Pacifica Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, differently-abled people, and members of other under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, or by mail to Ursula Ruedenberg at 410 Douglas Ave. Ames, Iowa 50010. The deadline is December 31, 2014.
KPFA Pacifica Foundation Radio is an EOE/AA Employer
View our 2007 EEO Report (21kb, pdf).
For internship opportunites at KPFA Radio see our Internship Page.
For additional job listings, please see the websites of the other 4 individual Pacifica stations: